The original website text was written by many health and medical experts. Find out more in the contributors list below. Please find more information about accreditations and endorsements here.
This easy to understand website was co-edited in 2021 by:
- Experts by experience with a learning disability and/or autism from London, Rotherham, Norwich and Sunderland
- IC Works Lt
- NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Arden and GEM web team
This website is regularly updated to include all the latest news and thinking around COVID and long COVID.
Contributors to this resource
- Professor Sally Singh PhD FCSP Professor of Pulmonary & Cardiac Rehabilitation, Department of Respiratory Science, University of Leicester and Head of Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Nikki Gardiner RGN MSc Clinical Lead for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation/COPD and Home Oxygen Service, Centre for Exercise and Rehabilitation Science, Glenfield Hospital, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Amye Goddard BSc(Hons) MCSP Senior Specialist Physiotherapist for Cardiac, Breathlessness Rehabilitation and Prehabilitation, Lead for Activate Your Heart Digital Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme, Centre for Exercise and Rehabilitation Science, Glenfield Hospital, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Emma Chaplin BSc(Hons) MCSP Senior Pulmonary Rehabilitation Physiotherapist and Lead for SPACE for COPD website, Centre for Exercise and Rehabilitation Science, Glenfield Hospital, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- David Murphy FBPsS FRSA President – British Psychological Society 2019-20
Consultant Clinical Health & Neuropsychologist
- Professor Diane Playford, MD FRCP Professor of Neurological Rehabilitation, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine, Central England Rehabilitation Unit, South Warwickshire Foundation Trust. Past President, British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Sally Hinton, MSc, MCSPBACPR Executive Director, British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, London
- Laura Breach BSc(Hons) MSc MCSP Critical Care Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust and PR Officer, Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care
- Tammy Walker DClinPsy, MSc, MA (Hons) Consultant Clinical Psychologist, DMRC Stanford Hall.
- Ruth ten Hove MSc MCSP Assistant Director, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Dr Steve Holmes MMedSci, MBChB, FRCGP General practitioner, The Park Medical Practice, Shepton Mallet, Somerset CCG Clinical Respiratory Lead, Primary Care Respiratory Society Education Lead.
- Dr Camilla Dawson DClinP, BSc (Hons) MRCSLT, MHCPC Clinical Lead Speech and Language Therapist, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Professional Adviser, Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Karen Crudgington BSc RD Dietitian – Critical Care, Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust, British Dietetic Association
- Luke Cunningham, BSc (Hons) PG Dip RD Joint Professional Lead for Dietetics (Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust & Cornwall Foundation Trust) and Dietitian – Critical Care, Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust, British Dietetic Association
- Lauren Walker MSc MRCOT Professional Adviser, Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Julie LloydService Lead, Clinical Scientist, Honorary Chair ARTP
- Dr Tanya Bleiker BMBS (Hons) BMedSci (Hons) FRCP President, British Association of Dermatologists
- Professor Nick Levell MD FRCP MBA Chair, British Association of Dermatologists Therapy and Guidelines Committee
- Dr Firouz Mohd Mustapa BSc (Hons) PhD Information Scientist and Manager, British Association of Dermatologists
- Dr Nikos Evangelou Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology, University of Nottingham
- Dr Melissa Heightman Consultant Respiratory Physician
Clinical Lead for Post COVID services and for Integration in Medical Specialities, University College London Hospitals NHS Trust National Specialty Advisor, long COVID programme, NHS England.
- Dr Graham Burns Consultant Respiratory physician The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust National Specialty Advisor, long COVID programme, NHS England.
The development of this site would not have been possible without the important insight and advice from a number of people, patients and relatives who have first-hand experience of COVID. They have been supporting the team to develop and review all of the content. We would like to express our sincere thanks to them for finding the time to help review the website and make valuable suggestions, enabling us to best support the recovery of all those who have had or been affected by COVID.